So you’ve already lost your March Madness bracket and wasted endless hours creating a formula to win. You were really hoping to win Warren Buffett’s yearly prize package of $1 Billion for a perfect bracket.
5 Stages of Denial in Losing your March Madness Bracket
Don’t sweat it, USA Today reports the odds of actually completing a perfect bracket are 1 in 9.2 quintillion. You have a 1 to 3,000 chance to be struck by lightning, which is more probable than winning your bracket.
Put that Budweiser down, no one likes a sore loser. The first step to overcoming your loss is admitting you have a problem and going through the grievance process.
- You realized you made one of the most unlikely bets of your entire life. You rooted for your alma mater and they failed you…big time.
- Don’t burn your team shirt just yet, they just disappointed you and will regain your trust with time
- “If only I had considered that in hindsight, Duke kind of sucked this year”.
- That losing bet caused you to be humiliated in front of your co-workers by wearing the fanwear of your rival team. Let the shame ensue.
- Just remember, you were relying on a bunch of 18 to 22 year olds to win a game for you. Come on, they’re not even getting paid!