PITCHUP ‘15 Contest – Official Rules
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Pitch ‘15 Contest (“Contest”) is open to anyone who: a. is at least 18 years old or older as of the Contest start date (or of the age of majority in jurisdictions where the age of majority is over 18 years old) and a resident of a country where such Contests are legal and do not require registration; b. can prepare a presentation in English and c. has an emaze account. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives or sponsor, the legal, promotion and advertising agencies of any aforementioned entity, and their immediate family members (defined as spouse, mother, father, sisters, brothers, sons, daughters, uncles, aunts, nephews, nieces, grandparents and in-laws, regardless of where they live) and those living in their household (whether or not related), and each person or entity connected with the production or administration of the Contest, and each parent company, affiliate, subsidiary, agent and representative of any aforementioned entity are not eligible. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
2. SPONSOR : The Contest is sponsored by emaze, Hanechoshet Street 6, Tel-Aviv, Israel (“Sponsor”).
3. TIMING : The Contest submission period begins on March 19, 2015, at 12:01 AM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”), and ends on April 21st, 2015 at 11:59 PM EST (the “Contest Period”). Sponsors’ computers are the official time-keeping device for the Contest. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED DURING THE CONTEST SUBMISSION PERIOD.
4. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES . By participating, Contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges and/or Sponsor, which are binding and final on matters relating to this Contest.
6. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES AND CONTENT RESTRICTIONS: Presentation Guidelines: Your Submission can be as creative as you’d like within the following guidelines:• All Submissions must be truthful and must be original works of authorship • Please, do not use your Submission to launch personal attacks on anyone or any discernable product, including competitor products. • While we welcome honest, reasonable critiques, no Submission shall be offensive or derogatory, as determined in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. • The Sponsor reserves the right to exclude any Submission that it believes doesn’t meet the above criteria, at their sole discretion.
8. JUDGING: Judging will be completed in (1) Round A to determine Popular Choice winners according to highest number of votes, and (2) Round B in which the Popular Choice winners will pitch their startup to a panel of expert judges who shall choose the Contest winner. All entries will be prescreened to ensure the entries have correctly met the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions and meet with Sponsors’ general standards and practices prior to any judging. (“Qualified Submissions”).
9. SUBSEQUENT USE: At any time before, during or after the Contest Period, the Sponsor may choose to post or distribute one or more Submissions for promotional and entertainment purposes only. Posting of these Submissions will not mean that said Submissions are eligible to win or are a Finalist or Selected Contestant. Before public posting, Sponsor reserves the right to edit the Presentation, for formatting or other reasonable purpose, and may embed its logo or other trademarks in the Presentation.
10. LICENSE: As a condition to receiving any prize, and unless prohibited by applicable law, all Contestants hereby provide the Sponsor with a perpetual non-exclusive license to use the submitted presentation, whether copyright or not, in any and all media throughout the world, in perpetuity, for any purpose whatsoever, without any additional compensation, for the entire life of the copyright. Contestants may not sell, assign or transfer any of their rights in their Submissions under these Official Rules. Contestants will not be paid for their submissions or for granting the Sponsor any of these rights. While the Sponsor will seek to post Submissions in the form provided at the time of entry, all Contestants agree that due to technical or other limitations, Submissions may be altered from their original form and that the Sponsor reserves the right to edit or modify the Submission in its sole discretion, including replacing any voiceover, soundtrack or music or adding its logo or other trademarks. The Sponsor may post Submissions in any order or sequence, with or without commentary, and may select any image from the Submission to serve as a thumbnail in its sole discretion.
12. CONDITIONS: The Contest is subject to these Official Rules. By participating, Contestants agree: (i) to be bound by these complete Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors which shall be final and binding; and (ii) to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules. By accepting a prize, Selected Contestants agree to release Sponsor from any and all liability, loss or damage arising from or in connection with awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities. (iii) Releases shall not be liable for: telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death sustained during the participation in the Contest, by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize; or any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Contest. The Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest. (iv) THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL OR SUSPEND OR ALTER THE TERMS OF THE CONTEST AT ANY TIME AND WITHOUT NOTICE IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION. (V) The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond the Sponsors’ control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest. (vi) The Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, undermine or harass any other players or Sponsor representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
13. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by law, Selected Contestant’s submission and acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use said Selected Contestant’s first and last name, photograph, likeness, statements, social media profile information, biographical information, and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with this Contest on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission or further compensation. 14. PRIVACY: All Participants agree that their personal data may be processed, stored and otherwise used for the purposes and within the context of the Contest and otherwise for statistical purposes. Contestants further agree that the data may also be used by the Sponsor in order to check Contestants’ identity or their email address, or to otherwise verify their eligibility to participate in the Contest. 15. INTERNATIONAL PARTICIPANTS: Access to this Contest from locations where this Contest or any of its Materials are illegal is prohibited. If you access this Contest from such a country, your entry may be disqualified. In those countries were valid, the Contestant is responsible for compliance with all local and/or international laws.